2 chicken breasts, skinless
1 cup penne, boiled
20 lettuce leaves
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 bread slices or ½ cup croutons
½ tsp chopped garlic
¼ cup Parmesan shavings
For the Dressing
1 garlic clove
½ cup mayonnaise
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp vinegar
- Key Ingredients: pasta, chicken, mayonnaise, lettuce, cherry tomatoes
- Clean the lettuce leaves and roughly tear them into small pieces. Keep aside.
2. Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic and seasonings. Pan-fry for 10 minutes, making sure that you turn sides. Remove from flame, let it cool for 10 minutes and then chop into cubes.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degree C. Tear the bread slices into small croutons, and spread them out in a baking tray. Toss them with olive oil and season. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
4. For the dressing, in a mixing bowl, whisk mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, and salt.
5. In a large salad bowl, toss the pasta, chicken slices, lettuce, and cherry tomatoes. Add the dressing and toss well. Check seasoning.
6. Tip in the roasted bread croutons and finish with Parmesan shavings on top.