CBSE Announces NEET Results, Punjab’s Navdeep Singh Tops


Update: Punjab’s Navdeep Singh has bagged the top rank. Navdeep secured 697 marks out of 700. The second and third ranks have been bagged by Madhya Pradesh’s Archit Gupta and Manish Mulchandani respectively.

A total of 11,38,890 students had appeared for the NEET, out of which 6,11,539 have passed the medical entrance examination which was held on May 7.

Of these, 2,66,221 were male aspirants while 3,45,313 were females. Eight transgenders also appeared for the test, out of which five have qualified.

New Delhi: CBSE NEET 2017 Result has been announced finally. The result can be checked from the board’s official results website. This year more than 11 lakh students had appeared for the NEET exam which is a national level exam conducted for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in government and private medical and dental colleges.

NEET results have been a little late from the usual schedule which was June 8. After the result declaration the All India and State Level counselling would begin.

Steps to check NEET

Step one: Go to CBSE results website:
Step two: Click on the NEET 2017 Result link.
Step three: Enter your roll number and date of birth.
Step four: Submit and view your result.

NEET 2017 rank would be used for counselling purpose. NEET exam was held this year for admission to 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats. Out of these 15 per cent seats are reserved for All India Counselling while the rest 85 per cent seats would be filled through State Counselling which will be conducted by the respective state governments.

CBSE is responsible only for conducting and declaring the result for NEET. The counselling will be conducted separately by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). The All India and State counselling information will be made available on the MCI official website shortly.

Previous articlePM Lauds ISRO For Satellite Launch
Next articleFeeling Grumpy? Blame Summer Heat