Kolkata: Fire Broke Out in a bed-sheet shop of Hog Market in New Market area on Wednesday afternoon at around 4:45 pm within 24 hours of fire in New Market area. Four fire tenders reached the spot. The shoppers are saying there are huge loss as most of the stuffs have burnt in fire. Reportedly, short-circuit is the primary reason behind the fire.
On the other hand, a battery factory set in fire in Manicktala at Haji Zakaria Lane at around 3:30 pm on Wednesday. Four fire tenders reached the spot and tackled the fire. An amount of inflammatory goods were containing the factory. The fire came under control after half an hour.
On Tuesday fire broke out in New Market area in a residential-cum-commercial building where many people used to stay and a major part, had been used for business. Eight fire tenders came to extinguish the fire. According to reports, fire engulfs a three stored commercial building at Grant Street in New Market area. Ambulance, CESC rushed to the spot to handle the situation.
After back to back engulfing fire incident, building safety is facing huge question. The wire system in old building are in worst state. So people are risking their life in everyday basis. The firefighting systems are weak and that’s marking many consequences.