BREAKING NEWS: Chandannagar: 40 Students Fall Sick After Consuming Biryani


Chandannagar: As many as 40 students of a Chandannagar based Missionary school in the hooghly district fell sick after consuming biryani served at a hostel.

The students, all girls aged around 12 to 15, complained of vomiting, nausea, stomach-ache and giddiness, following which they were rushed to the hospital in Chandannagar.

Earlier this week, police busted a racket involved in selling carcass meat from dump yards. They seized nearly 20 tonnes of rotten meat, meant to be supplied to restaurants in and around the city, from a cold storage in central Kolkata.