Boy Electrocuted Due To Waterlogging In Kolkata

0
116

Kolkata: A 14-year-old student was today electrocuted after coming in contact with a live wire at a waterlogged area near Ramesh Mitra Road here, police said.

Yash Bengani, a student of Class VIII of Bhowanipore Education Society, was returning from tuition wading through knee-deep waters within the limits of Bhowanipore police station when the accident occurred, police said.

He was immediately taken to the state-run SSKM hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. Waterlogging after the heavy rain caused massive traffic snarls in major parts of the metropolis till late evening, the police said.

Kolkata Mayor Sovan Chatterjee said heavy-duty pumps have been pressed into service to pump out accumulated water from several badly affected areas, adding if there was no further downpour, waterlogging would be cleared soon.

-----
Previous articleFirst Wi-Fi Hotspot In Arunachal Pradesh Launched
Next articleHafiz Appeals All Muslim Nations To Boycott India