- BJP supporters protested when they were being arrested.
- Locket Chatterjee and Rahul Sinha arrested from Medical College where they were undergoing treatment.
- Kailash Vijayvargiya, Dilip Ghosh arrested under Sec 188 CRPC, during BJP’s protest against state govt over law and order situation.
- It has been accused that attack at the Vijavargiya’s rally was pre-planned. It is being alleged that stones were pelted from 2 house roofs. Several BJP followers and police got injured as its result.
- Scuffle between police and BJP workers.
- Chaos reported at Tea Board.
- Rupa Ganguly reportedly attacked in the rally.
- One more governmental vehicle torched by the mob.
- Dilip Ghosh arrested.
- Our sources reports, the bombs exploded at Brabourn road’s 1st and 2nd barricade in front of adcp 2.
- Rahul Sinha resorts to protest. Sits on road and starts protesting.
- Police stops rally at Bentinck Street.
- Chaos at Central Metro Station. Police resort to lathi charge inside metro.
- BJP ENTERS Lal Bazaar police headquarters.
- Police van torched.
- Dilip Ghosh, Locket Chatterjee, Jayprakash majumder injured. Locket taken to hospital.
- Fierce Lane: stone pelting on at this area. several police officers injured.
- Locket Chatterjee is reportedly injured in this chaos.
- The police has rubbished off rumours that the BJP workers tried hurling bomb at them.
- Kailash Vijavargiya along with his supporters have been arrested, taken to Lalbazar
- Complete anarchy at present.
- BJP’s rally under the leadership of Rahul Sinha is right now in Bentinck Street. Rupa Ganguly is leading it.
- The BJP workers and followers are trying to enter Lalbazaar by breaking the barricade.
Kolkata: In a dramatic turn of events, bombs were allegedly hurled from the BJP rally. Several feared injured. The incident took place at Brabourne Road on Thursday.
The police have resorted to water cannons, lathi charge and tear gas. the 3 critically injured are feared dead. Complete chaos in the BJP’s rally. It is being assumed that the bomb was hurled at the police. The BJP followers tried breaking the barricade at Lalbazaar.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is presently conducting a rally from several parts of the city to Lalbazaar to protest against the several measures taken by the state government.
This comes after 2 days after the Left party had conducted a rally against the state government where the Kolkata Police had resorted to lathi charge, water cannons and tear gas.