Bengal Doubles Shuttler Electrocuted, Family Blames Rail

0
215

Kolkata: Bengal’s number one ranked doubles badminton player Trinankur Nag was electrocuted at his workplace in Sealdah two days back and died on Monday here, officials said.

He suffered severe burn injuries while working in a railway car shed, an Eastern Railway spokesman said.

According to officials of the West Bengal Badminton Association, Nag, 26, came in contact with a high tension overhead electrical wire.

He is survived by his parents and lived in Nagerbazar area of North Kolkata. Nag was a member of the U-19 Indian team during a coaching camp-cum-tournament in Mauritius back in July 2011.

Family alleged that rail gives him to the work of Overhead maintainance nd Trinankur has no training of overhead wair maintance. They also alleged that Trinankur requested many times to transfer him from the post but they denied.

-----
Previous articleMamata To Inaugurate 2 Industrial Hub In Bankura
Next articleIndian Forces Conduct Joint Military Drill To Enhance Coordination