- The people came out to the streets today ignoring Bandh: Abhishek
- Need to evict Modi government: Abhishek
- TMC Youth President Abhishek Banerjee speaking at the programme. He lashes out at Modi.
- Madan Mitra present in the rally.
- TMC’s protest is against fuel price hike.
- TMC rally from Moulali to Dharmatala to protest against Modi-Sarkar.
- Bandh going on with reports of clashes from some parts of the city and districts.
- Bandh supporters try to shut down shops at Burrabazar area.
- Protest at Hazra road by SUCI supporters. Brawl with police when the latter tried to intervene. Many detained.
- Police deployed outside every metro station in the city.
- Left leaders march in rally at Entally.
- Taxi almost unavailable at Kolkata airport.
- East Coast Railway Zone has cancelled 12 trains including Bhubaneswar-Howrah Jan Shatabdi Express and Bhubaneswar-Visakhapatnam Inter City Express in the view of BharatBandh, as according to news agency ANI.
- Situation normal at Salt Lake Sector V.
- Left hold rallies at Madhyamgram.
- Congress supporters protest at Dharmatala. Slogans raised against Modi (Narendra Modi Hai Hai). Transport disrupted. Police trying to normalise the situation. Several protestors detained.
- Block withdrawn at Lakshmikantapur (South 24 Parganas) after 2 hours.
- Situation normal at Sreerampur.
- Left-Congress workers protest at Kolkata port.
- All other services including other services are normal in the city. All offices, schools and colleges are open.
- Congress block road at Manicktala. Commuters face difficulty.
- Government buses and trams on roads for the pedestrians.
- 2 Congress workers detained at Panchanantala.
- Protestors withdraw protest at Jadavpur station after pedestrians strongly protest.
- Congress holds protest at Moulali
- Trinamool Labours’ Union take out rally at Cooch Behar.
- Police playing active role to maintain peace in WB.
- Bandh supporters try to stop Agnibina express at Durgapur’s Waria station. However, they were evicted by the Railway police.
- Bandh supporters try to stop bus services at East Midnapur’s Mecheda.
- Left cadres try to stop Bandel local.
- Chaos reported at Howrah’s Shanpur and Dasnagar. RAF deployed at Shanpur.
Kolkata: All trains in the Sealdah South section Lakshikantpur line have been shut down. The Left have taken out rallies in support of the bandh. Left supporters and workers hold strike at Jadavpur station. All up and down line train services hit. Commuters in trouble over bandh.
The Left has called for a 12-hour strike in West Bengal on Monday which has been supported by the Congress party. The strike is from 6am to 6pm. The oppositions are going to observe the strike on Monday as a protest against the Modi government at the Centre. However, the Mamata government has not supported the strike, but will observe rallies in support of the issue raised by the oppositions.
The Mamata government has assured the common people that there will be enough buses available from Monday morning. The government has also requested the private bus owners to provide buses on Monday. The government will provide compensation in case any vehicle gets damaged or ransacked during the strike on Monday.
The National Congress Party called for Bharat Bandh in protest to the poor economic condition of the country. They have also invited all anti-Modi parties to participate in it. The CPM and the state Pradesh Congress have supported the move.