California: Apple is holding an event today in Apple’s own Cupertino HQ, in its Town Hall Theater. The event has kicked off at 10 AM PT (1 PM ET, 5 PM GMT, 6 PM CET), and we’ll give you details. Rumor has it that Apple is going to announce a smaller iPhone, a successor to the iPad Air 2 as well as software updates. This could also be Apple’s last event in the Town Hall Theater as the company is building a bigger auditorium for its new campus.
- The iPhone SE launches March 31, and will be in 100 countries by the end of May.
- The 16GB iPhone SE will run $399 and the 64GB will run $499
- We’re blowing through new features like App Suggestions in Health, and more manufacturers supporting CarPlay. Apple Music gets New and For You on Carplay with iOS 9.3. Maps on CarPlay also improved with a ‘nearby’ feature.
- Night Shift changes the color of your screen to make it feel more natural, especially in the evenings. There have been versions of this for iOS and Android for a while but now it’s built in.
- Schiller introduces a new iPad keyboard for the 9.7″ iPad Pro and says that Pencil is compatible with the new tablet as well.
- A new lightning S card reader and USB Camera adapter are introduced. The camera adapter provides powered USB too for accessories like microphones.
- The new iPad Pro also gets the 12MP camera and 4K video recording. 5MP front facing camera comes along for the ride.
- It’s the ultimate PC replacement for all of those old PCs in the world.
- The new iPad Pro comes in 32Gb for $599 and 128GB for $749 and for the first time, $899 for a 256GB in WiFi configurations.
- There’s also a Rose Gold color this time around.
- Interesting that Schiller chose to go directly at Windows PCs with this new iPad Pro 9.7 announcement. They’ve previously danced around it. The screen showed, specifically, a Microsoft Surface.