Ankit Saxena’s Frantic Call To Friends, Minutes Before His Death


New Delhi: Minutes before 23-year-old Delhi photographer Ankit Saxena was brutally stabbed to death by the family of his alleged girlfriend, he made frantic calls to his friends to tell them that his life could be in danger.

A CCTV footage, dated February 1, showing Ankit’s last few minutes before he was attacked for allegedly being in a relationship with a girl belonging to another religion.

- Advertisement -

Police sources have told Times Now that Ankit’s girlfriend had an argument with her family when she told them that she wanted to marry him. Around 7.50 pm on February 1, she left her residence and locked her mother and brother inside.

The woman’s father then confronted Ankit, accusing him of abduction. The father hit him with a stick. A panicked Ankit then called up his friends and asked him to get in touch with his mother and see if they can reach his girlfriend. He also called up his girlfriend’s uncle.

The CCTV footage, captured around 8.05 pm, shows Ankit pacing by the street, making calls on his phone. Seven minutes later, he was killed by the woman’s father, who slit his throat.

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday tweeted that his government would hire the best lawyers to ensure justice for the 23-year-old photographer. Condemning the youth’s murder, Kejriwal said in his tweet that he spoke to the victim’s father and extended his condolences to the family. He added that the government would make all efforts to ensure that strict punishment is meted out to the accused.

Ankit Saxena was murdered on Friday, reportedly because his alleged girlfriend’s family opposed her relationship as the two belonged to different communities. The woman’s father, mother and uncle have been arrested in connection with the killing. Her minor brother has also been held.

The woman claimed a threat to her life and was sent to Nari Niketan. The family of the deceased has been given security, police said.