Action On Pathankot First, Talks Later: Govt

0
67

New Delhi: Pakistan must deliver “prompt and decisive action” on the evidence provided by India of the Pathankot Attack said the government on Thursday, indicating that without that, crucial talks between the Foreign Secretaries of both countries are unlikely to go ahead next week.

“The ball is in Pakistan’s court,” said Vikas Swarup, the spokesperson for the Foreign Ministry. “The Immediate issue is Pakistan’s response,” he said.

In Pakistan, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif met with top officials today including his Foreign Affairs Adviser Sartaj Aziz, allegedly to review the evidence furnished by India, which includes intercepts of phone calls made by the six terrorists who crossed the border last week and launched a massive assault on the base in Pathankot, leaving seven military personnel martyred and another 20 injured.

Modi Firmly told that India wants to see urgent action taken against those who conceived and executed the attack. National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval has spoken at least twice in recent days with his Pakistani counterpart Naseer Janjhua to disclose the evidence of the terrorists’ Pakistani links.
Ammunition and other equipment recovered from them after they were killed was made in Pakistan, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said.
The Foreign Secretaries are due to meet on the 14th and 15th in Islamabad, though India has not yet officially announced any dates. Sources say the government is mulling the option of delaying them – the ball, they say, is in Pakistan’s court to act in the next few days.

---
---