Aarushi Murder Case: What Happened That Night??


New Delhi: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday announced the verdict have acquitted the dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar and held them not guilty in the Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj murder case.

On November 26, 2013, the CBI special court had awarded them a life sentence in the double murder case after they found them guilty of killing their 14-year-old daughter and domestic help Hemraj in May 2008.

What happened on that night;

On May 16, 2008, 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar was found murdered with her throat slit in her house in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida while her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar slept in the other room.

The case made noise nationwide as its investigation moved forward in order to find the answer to only two questions- who did it and why?
The police and the Central Bureau of Investigation have come to a similar conclusion about what exactly happened on the night of May 15.

There were two sides of the investigation by the agency probing the double murder case.
In the CBI joint director Arun Kumar’s report, the suspect was either one of Krishna, compounder of Rajesh Talwar, Rajkumar and Vijay Mandal, domestic help of one of Talwar’s friends.

According to his report, he said that in the narco test Krishna had confessed to committing the crime. Kumar had said that the three of them were drinking on May 15 night.
Arun Kumar’s report said that they went in Aarushi’s room in the drunk state with the intent to rape her.

After she tried to alarm others, they hit her in the head and seeing this Hemraj panicked and took the fight out on the terrace, so that the Talwars do not wake up. Hemraj was killed, his throat slit, by Rajkumar and Krishna. Then they returned to Aarushi’s room and slit her throat the same way, Kumar had said.

Kishore’s report says that the three servants mentioned in Arun Kumar’s report were not present in the house that night and they had air-tight alibis to support the claim.
The report also mentions the switching on and off of the Internet router as suspicious.
The router, on the night of the murder, was active and the last activity was recorded at 3:34 am and after that, it was switched off, which is around three hours of the approximate time of the murder.

Aarushi apparently switched off the router on the night of her murder ar 9:10 pm.
During the investigation, her cell phone was not found at the scene, only to be located after a year of the murder with nothing in the memory storage.

After nine years of the tragedy that shook the country and started a debate around honour killing, the two contradictory stories are still doing the rounds. Did the Talwars really kill their 14-year-old daughter? If yes, then why?