New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld constitutional validity of Aadhaar and said it empowers marginalised sections of society. Supreme Court strikes down the section 57 of Aadhaar Act; as a result, private companies cannot ask for Aadhaar card.
Ten Key Points Of Aadhaar Card
1. Individuals and corporates cannot collect Aadhaar data.
2. Government not to give Aadhaar to illegal immigrants.
3. Aadhaar need not be made compulsory for school admissions.
4. Linking Aadhaar to telecom services unconstitutional.
5. No person can be denied govt benefits only due to absence of Aadhaar.
6. No need to link bank accounts, mobile numbers to Aadhaar.
7. Aadhaar card is mandatory for PAN linking, Income Tax return.
8. Aadhaar can be passed as Money Bill.
9. Nothing in Aadhaar Act that violates right to privacy of individual.
10. No child can be denied benefits of any schemes on not being able to bring their Aadhaar number.
11. CBSE, NEET, UGC cannot make Aadhaar mandatory, also not compulsory for school admissions.