When it comes to keeping cool in the sweltering heat, nothing can beat a quick taste bud pleasing drink like the sugarcane juice. In a world full of exquisite smoothies and lavish cocktails, all sugarcane juice requires is a pinch of salt and a dash of lime, and you’re good to go.
Having a big glass of fresh sugarcane juice is not just yummy but highly refreshing. This superfluid could up your health levels in a jiffy and leave you recharged in the hot weather like nobody’s business.
- Treats Jaundice: Sugarcane juice is extremely helpful for a person suffering from the jaundice as it provides instant recovery by maintaining the glucose levels in the body.
- Beats dehydration: It is packed with a high concentration of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and manganese, thus acting as a perfect drink to replenish lost electrolytes and water in one’s body.
- Fights cancer: Sugarcane can also work like a deterrent to fatal diseases including cancer, especially prostate and breast cancer.
- Increases muscle power: Sugarcane juice provides natural glucose to the body necessary for maintaining the muscle power.
- Helpful for curing diabetes: If you thought sugarcane juice is a bad choice just because you are suffering from diabetes, then you might want to re-think. Sugarcane has glucose but also boasts of a low glycaemic index (GI) making it the ideal energy drink for diabetics. However, it must be consumed in moderation.
- Leaves you with an acne free and glowing skin: Alpha hydroxy acids (or AHAs) that are present in sugarcane juice work on exfoliation and removing dead skin cells, allowing your skin to grow a new and healthy layer. You may just drink the juice or even applying it directly to a pesky pimple for instant treatment.
- Treats anaemia: Also called, ‘ganne ka ras’, sugarcane juice is very useful for people suffering from anaemia as it has good amount of iron which further enhances the haemoglobin (Hb) levels in the body.