Kolkata: Based on source information that a racket is being run by several persons across the State in which racketeers are inducing and duping job aspirants to pay huge sums of money for providing various govt jobs of school teachers, police constables, officers in food and supply department, transport department, group D railways and in indian army, etc, a case after verification was started suo moto by the Pataspur Police Station under sections 419/420/120(B) IPC, sec 8/12 of Prevention of Corruption Act).
Raids were conducted by CID Team on Friday in Pataspur, Nandigram of East Mdp, Goaltore and Nayagram of West Mdp, Behrampur of Murshidabad, Sagar of South 24 pgs and other places.
CID teams arrested the following 7 accused persons
1) Jayanta Kumar Ghorai of Argoyal, Patashpar, East Midnapur ( kingpin)
2) Jaynarayan Mondal, of Sagar, South 24 parganas
3) Gunadhar Manna of Aksara, Garh beta, West Midnapur
4) Amiya Paul of Haripur, Uttarpara, Nandigram, East Mdp
5) Swapan Mondal of Kalaberia, Behrampur, Murshidabad
6) Sukumar Dinda of Saridaspur, Patashpur, East Mdp
7) Nityananda Das of Beligeria, PS Nayagram, Jhagram
In course of searches several incriminating documents have been recovered. The arrested accused persons will be produced before the concerned Ld. Court on 05/1/19. Links, if any, with Govt officials are being examined.