- Let the Kolkata Book Fair be successful. Wishing for a great future for it, says WB CM.
- Parnavo sings the theme song.
- The internet cannot replace paper books.
- When I see school kids carrying books, how wonderful I feel.
- The joy of holding a book in one’s hands, that cannot be described in words.
- Why only Kolkata, the fair should be spread to every distritct, which is being done now, says Mamata.
- WB CM reaches Milan Mela for the inauguration of the 40th International Book fair.
- Nirendranath Chakraborty and Bolivian Novelist Magela Baudin are also present as guest at the ceremony.
- Theme of the book fair is Bolivia.
- Students sing National Anthem of Boliovia.
Kolkata: The 40th International Kolkata Book Fair Inaugurates on Monday evening by Bolivian Author Magela Baudin at Milanmela fair grounds. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is also expected to be a part of this ceremony. According to officials, If she is not able to return from Siliguri then she will give speech via video conferencing.
The Book Fair will be inaugurated on Monday but will kick start from Wednesday, 27th January and continue till 7th February. This year’s theme is Bolivia. Special attraction on the Opening day, there will be French Circus. There will be special program regarding Badal Sarkar. The topic for the discussion is ‘Intolerance in Tolerant India’. There will be performance by Aayan Ali Bangash and Aaman Ali Bangash. There is possibility of Amitabh Bachchan to also attend the Evening. Nobel winner Gunter Grass and RK Lakhsman will be honored on stage. On 2nd February, Bangladesh Day will be celebrated at the Book Fair.
A heritage Walk has been set up to revisit last year’s Book Fair at the middle of the fair grounds. Priceless Photographs will be displayed here.