Kolkata: Three workers died by poisonous gas at leather complex in Kolkata on Monday morning, police said. The victims were Ashok Mondal, Amiya Pramanik and Chandi Pramanik. Another labour admitted to the private hospital.
According to colleagues, four workers fell sick while cleaning drains. Three of them immediately sent to the hospital where they declared dead. Colleagues’ were complaint that the poisonous toxic gas was decomposed in the drain due to garbage of leather. Police reach the area to investigate the matter.
Workers were also complaint that the authorities of the leather factory didn’t take any action to protect the worker.