20 School Children Taken Ill After Eating Chemical

0
120

Howrah Twenty primary school children were taken ill after consuming poisonous copper sulfate chemical in Howrah on Saturday. However, all the students are out of danger, said authorities of the hospital where they were admitted.

One of the students of state-run Kamargaria primary school in Jaipur area found a packet of unknown substance on the road and brought it to school. Thinking that it could have been some salt, 20 students of various classes ate it, said Sudip Karar, Superintendent of Uluberia General Hospital.

- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7

Shortly afterwards they started complaining of stomachache and nausea. They were first taken to a local hospital and then to Uluberia General Hospital.

The children were given saline and are now out of danger, Mr Karar said.

---
---