Islamabad: Two more of the eight Indian High Commission staff members declared “persona non grata” left Pakistan on Thursday, the Foreign Office said.
Indian High Commission First Secretary Balbir Singh and Staff Officer Jayabalan Senthil, who Islamabad alleged were Indian intelligence agents, left for Dubai, the Foreign Office said in a statement.
After the names of eight mission staffers were leaked in a media report, the External Affairs Ministry had said that India was mulling withdrawing its diplomats as their security was “completely compromised”.
On November 8, three of the eight Indian High Commission officials, declared persona non grata, left for home. They were Anurag Singh, Vijay Kumar Varma and Mandhawan Nanda Kumar.
The remaining three officials are expected to leave Pakistan today through the Wagah border crossing, the statement said.
The Foreign Office last week alleged that a number of Indian diplomats and staff belonging to Indian intelligence agencies were found involved in coordinating terrorist and subversive activities in Pakistan.
Both India and Pakistan have been engaged in a tit-for-tat over expelling mission staffers. India expelled Pakistani High Commission staffer Mehmood Akhtar for spying on 27 October. Subsequently, Pakistan pulled out six of its staffers from its mission in India.
Pakistan responded by declaring Surjeet Singh, an official of the Indian High Commission, as persona non grata.