Indian Govt to wind up ‘Operation Rahat’

0
90

Saana/New Delhi: The Indian government on Wednesday will wind up ‘Operation Rahat’ lauched for the evacuation of the citizens from the war torn Yemen. A total of 4000 Indians have so far been rescued from the Saudi state. On Tuesday itself, 1000 Indian Nationals were evacuated in three air sorties.

External Affairs ministry Spokesperson Sayed Akbaruddin said, “We will be ending our evacuation efforts from Sanaa on Wednesday and all those who want to leave should do so by Wednesday.”

When asked about the remaining Indians in Yemen sources said that 4100 Indians had registered with the Indian mission in Yemen and most of them are out of the country. The government may continue with the evacuation through sea route for some more time.

India has also evacuated over 230 foreign nationals of nearly 26 countries from Yemen. 11 Indians were evacuated by Pakistan Navy’s PNS Aslat from Yemen’s southeastern city of Mukallah. They will be flown to Delhi in a special aircraft.

Pakistan High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit said that Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif offered a special aircraft to the Indian High Commission in Islamabad to send back the Indian citizens.

---
---