Jalalabad: At least 16 civilians were killed in an airstrike carried out by foreign forces in Nangarhar province, sources said.
According to the sources, the incident took place in Haska Mina district when an airstrike targeted a civilian vehicle on Thursday evening.
The source said women and children were among the victims.
Meanwhile, Nangarhar governor’s spokesman Attaullah Khogyani confirmed the casualties but said the identity of those killed in the airstrike is not clear so far.
The Resolute Support and U.S. forces in Afghanistan have not commented on the report so far.